|Vance's L29 in flight over Mojave, California
Vance is an Airline Transport Pilot and has been active in aviation since 1986, either as a student, instructor or aviation mechanics assistant. He has flown many different types of aircraft from Piper Cubs to Jets. He offers several aviation related services outlined below.
Vance provides contract pilot services to his clients. Contact him for specific aircraft types.
Vance has been an FAA Certificated Flight Instructor since 1990. He has flown approximately 80 different types of aircraft and has instructed hundreds of students. He is currently qualified to give ground and flight instruction for the following certificates and ratings:
- Recreational Pilot Airplane Single Engine - Land
- Private Pilot Airplane Single Engine - Land & Sea
- Commercial Pilot Airplane Single Engine - Land & Sea
- Flight Instructor Airplane Single Engine
- Private Pilot Airplane Multi Engine - Land & Sea
- Commercial Pilot Airplane Multi Engine - Land & Sea
- Flight Instructor Airplane Multi Engine
- Instrument Airplane
- Flight Instructor Instrument
- Tail Wheel Transitions
- Basic Aerobatics
- Formation Flying
- Formation Aerobatics
Vance is affiliated with
West Valley Flying Club
(located in Palo Alto, California) and is available for personalized instruction throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
In addition, Vance has an Experimental Type Ratings in the following aircraft:
- Aero Vodochody L-29 Delphin
- Aero Vodochody L-39 Albatross
- Lockheed T33
- Mig 15
- Mig 17
For qualified applicants (1000 hours TT), Vance can give instruction and recommend applicants for experimental type ratings in these aircraft.
Vance is a FAST (Formation And Safety Training) card holder and has flown in the EAA Golden West Air show, Moffett Field Air show and the San Francisco Fleet Week air shows as a formation pilot. In addition, he has placed his L-29 aircraft on display at the Miramar MCAS Air show and the Salinas Air show.
Aviation World Record Holder
Vance is an National Aeronautic Association and Federation Aeronautique Internationale World Record Holder. Within Class C.1b Group 1, he flew the fastest speed over a recognized course, from San Carlos, CA to Santa Barbara, CA, in a DA-20 Katana. Record time: 2:00:00.
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
- National Association of Flight Instructors
- Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association
- Experimental Aircraft Association
- Red Star Pilots Association
- EAA Warbirds of America
- Classic Jet Aircraft Association
- Smithsonian Air & Space Museum